Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Frostbiting wrap up- 3/25

Hello Laser Sailors,

So spring had arrived for our last day of the Frostbite series. In fact it almost felt like summer being inside a drysuit on a mild day with very light wind!

We had 4 races.. some very frustrating with the light and variable conditions. Gavin O'Hare won the day. His report is below. Unfortunately I do not have official results yet- my trusty scorer has left the country on a business trip. I will forward the final series results as soon as I get them. The final raffle prize went to Eugenio Cingolani - a blade bag provided by APS.

Thanks everyone for participating! If you made it to 8 or more frostbite days you qualify for this year's participation trophy- an etched pint glass for your favorite frosty beverage!
I will have them with me on openning day and our spring series day April 22- so come find me.

Don't forget to register for the District 11 Championships coming up May 5 and 6!!

NOR is available at http://www.laserdistrict11.org/events/e220

____________________________________________________

Regatta Report 25 March - Last Frostbite
Breeze started nice then trickled to 0-3 knots and very shift from the N and NE.
Plan your start based on where you the next shift or puff is coming from.

I did not win any races, but narrowly won the day.
Secrets to success:
Heads up sailing. I was constantly looking for the next puff or shift and working to get there.
I also tried to keep the boat moving as fast as possible at all times.
I would keep the mainsheet eased until up to max speed then pull tighter to get more height, keeping the boat flat.

I really enjoyed sailing with the fleet.
Thanks for the competition.
Hope to see you on the water in the summer!
Best regards,

Gavin O'Hare

_______________________________________________________________________
Powered by Microsoft Small Business
To unsubscribe follow the link:
http://lb.bcentral.com/ex/sp?c=12218&s=581B7CAC3EBBC59E&m=647

No comments: